Full-Spectrum Trauma Education for Agencies, Staff, Private Practioners and other Human Services Personnel
The Houston-Galveston Trauma Institute provides comprehensive, curriculum-based, psycho-educational and trauma courses for the community at all levels. Courses and consultation can be designed to meet the needs of a clinical staff and / or a paraprofessional staff.
People surviving traumatic experiences may have the following diagnoses: mood disorders including major depression and bipolar disorder, phobias, addictive/compulsive disorders including drug and alcohol abuse, eating disorders, obsession compulsive disorder, anxiety and panic disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, dissociative disorders, somatization disorders, and personality disorders.
The effects of traumatic experiences may overwhelm mental health professionals who lack specific training in the treatment of trauma disorders and other helping professions who would like additional knowledge about psychological effects of trauma on human beings.
A variety of courses and topics are listed below.
HGTI faculty has collaborative training experience and has presented training programs for:
- Alliance for Multicultural Service
- Association for Marriage and Therapy
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Catholic Charities Refugee Program
- Children’s Assessment Center
- Harris County Hospital District
- Houston Area Women’s Center
- Houston Community College
- Houston Group Psychotherapy Society
- Houston Psychoanalytic Society
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation
- International Society for the Treatment of Traumatic Stress
- Jewish Family Service of Houston
- Montrose Counseling Center
- Texas conference for National Association of Social Workers
International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD) PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Diagnosis and Treatment of Dissociative Disorders – The Standard Course
Click here for more information.
"Treating trauma is hard work, and we need all the help we can get."